The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
Introduction: The KCCB – Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
It is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following key position in its Catholic Justice and Peace Commission:
Programme Officer (Advocacy)
The Catholic Parliamentary Liaison Desk was established in 2008 in Kenya to conduct advocacy on issues of policy
Specifically, this position will:
- Feed into and help implement the Bishops ‘Conference, the Secretariat Commissions and Dioceses Advocacy Strategy, ensuring that it is firmly grounded on evidence from the Catholic Church’s programmes and a good analysis of advocacy targets in Kenya.
- Provide research and analysis on key policies and related debates, produce reports, briefing notes and materials on key policy issues
- Provide strategic information on policy for the Conference on Bishops which will inform their engagement with policy making organs.
- Work closely with Parliamentary Liaison Programme Officer to facilitate the Parliamentary advocacy.
- Work closely with Catholic Members of Parliament and KCCB – CJPC Advisory Committee to develop coordinated advocacy and public campaigns on conference priority themes at National and County Levels
- Facilitate KCCB-CJPC advocacy, capacity building and civic empowerment on Governance, Peace Building, Transformative Civic Education, Lenten Campaign and Inter-Religious Dialogue
- Degree in Social Sciences from a recognized University.
Other Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Knowledge of Governance and Social Services Programmes in Kenya.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Excellent advocacy skills
- Strong interpersonal relationships
- Excellent facilitation training skills and in using participatory learner centred methods
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Word skills
- Must have a very clear idea of the Catholic Social Teachings
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to: –
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
Applications must reach us on OR before January 9th 2019