KCSPOG Resource Mobilizer and Partnership Engagement Officer
National – Fixed Term (1 year)
Location: Nairobi; Kenya
Background: The Kenya Civil Society Platform is a network of member organizations that seeks to collaborate to achieve common objectives in the oil and gas sector in Kenya.
The vision of the platform is: A Kenya where there is equitable and sustainable development through the efficient and transparent management of extract resources and the mission is to engage in policy dialogue and advocacy towards influencing policies and legislation affecting oil and gas resource management through public mobilization, capacity building, as well as effective knowledge management and information sharing.
The Platform aims to build the capacity of members to fundraise on programs around oil and gas and natural resource management generally.
Job Purpose: The Platforms seeks to find a highly driven Individual to undertake the role of resource mobilizer, to provide resource mobilization support to the Kenya Civil Society Platform on Oil and Gas and its member organizations.
i. Professional/Technical qualifications — Undergraduate degree or higher in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Development, Development Studies, Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Public Administration and Business Administration and at least two years related experience o equivalent combination
ii. Proven research, analytical skills and ability to apply them in inter-disciplinary contexts
iii. Ability to break down complex information into actionable points for the platform membership.
iv. Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability
v. Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task under limited supervision
vi. Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-interest, multi-ethnic environment
vii. Excellent written and oral communications skills
viii. Excellent personal communication skills.
ix. A high level of self-awareness, initiative, sound judgement, personal energy and flexibility.
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising and resource mobilization for civil society organisations. It is advantageous if the applicant has a working knowledge of oil and gas, Natural resources, extractives development or related matters and initiatives in the national, international and particularly Kenyan Context or similar jurisdiction
- Strong programme management and quality knowledge, with the ability to ensure consistent quality against standards and to Implement effective monitoring and evaluation systems to assess and adjust performance
- Commitment to and good understanding of working with networks, coalitions and a partnership approach.
- Good knowledge of advocacy and campaign strategies and plans and successfully achieving external impact and change.
- Track record in fundraising and fundraising strategies
- Experience with donor engagement; Bilateral and Private Foundations
- Knowledge of the Kenya socio-political and economic environment and issues.
- High Impact influencing and persuasive skills and personal gravitas to gain respect and build and maintain strong, credible relationships.
with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong organizational and personal management tills, with the ability to prioritize work issues to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
- Experience in Civil Society Organizational capacity development, lobbying, advocacy, natural resources management is preferable; (desirable).
How to Apply
If you are the candidate KCSPOG is looking for, please download the full job description and apply online at our members organisations website
https://bit.ly/2BTCChO REF: INTS5112.
The closing date is 23 December 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equity within our organisation.