Kenya National Library Service (KNLS) Board which is a State Corporation in the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage invites applications from suitable qualified persons for the following vacant post:
Job Title: Assistant Director – Finance and Administration
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assistant Director, Finance and Administration, will co-ordinate the Finance and Accounts services and will be responsible to Deputy Director, Finance and Administration.
2. Co-ordinate compliance to financial policies and procedures and ensuring sound financial principles and controls within knls.
3. Co-ordinate the planning, designing, reviewing, coordinating, controlling and implementing of proper accounting systems
4. Co-ordinate training and development of staff in the Finance & Accounts Department.
5. Co-ordinate and ensure fair and equitable distribution of resources across the branch network.
6. Co-ordinate the preparation, monitoring and reporting of budget.
7. Supervision and appraisal of staff
8. Perform duties that may be assigned from time to time by Management.
1. A Masters Degree in Business Administration- Finance/Accounting Option or it’s equivalent from a recognized institution.
2. Five (5) years continuous work experience post-graduation, three (3) of which must be in Senior Management as an Accountant of Auditor in a similar or large institution.
3. CPA (K) in good standing.
4. Demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities, professional competence and administrative management of an accounts division in a large institution.
5. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
6. Familiar with Government of Kenya’s Operational Procedures
7. Information Technology (knowledge)
8. Valid member of Finance/Accounting/Internal Auditors or any other relevant Professional Body.
9. Other added skills and experience will be an added advantage
10. Valid certificate of good conduct
1. Good Communication skills
2. Good public and customer relations skills
3. Good report writing skills
4. Good management Skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application, a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer by 31st December, 2018 at 5:00pm to:
Kenya National Service
P.O Box 30573-00100
Kenya National Library Service is an equal opportunity employer, women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Richard M. Atuti, OGW