Kenya National Library Service (KNLS) Board which is a State Corporation in the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage invites applications from suitable qualified persons for the following vacant post:
Job Title: Assistant Director, Human Resource
Duties and Responsibilities
1. The Assistant Director, Human Resource Management will co-ordinate the Human Resource Services and will be responsible to the Deputy Director/ Finance & Administration for the efficient operation and management of the Human Resource function.
2. Initiate processes for senior level decision making on matters relating to Human Resources.
3. Initiate, formulate, develop and implement appropriate Human Resource Policies and, Procedures that result in improved Human Resource standards.
4. Developing and Managing organizational performance systems.
5. Co-ordinate organizational staff training and development programs.
6. Development of strategies for management of organizational culture and change.
7. Initiate reviews for efficient compensation of all staff benefits and implementation of reward systems.
8. Developing and controlling organizational Personnel Emoluments (PE) budget.
9. Co-ordinates employee grievances and labour relations.
10. Co-ordinate enforcement of organizational discipline and compliance to the rules and regulations of the Board.
11. Co-ordinate optimal staffing levels to ensure efficient and uninterrupted service delivery.
12. Develop and maintain efficient registry to facilitate effective operations and service delivery.
13. Supervision and appraisal of staff
14. Perform duties that may be assigned from time to time by Management.
1. Masters Degree in Human Resource Management or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
2. Five (5) years continuous work experience post-graduation, three (3) of which must be in Senior Management in a similar or large institution.
3. Demonstrated outstanding leadership, professional competence and administrative ability in the overall management of a Human Resource Function.
4. Familiar with Government of Kenya’s Operational Procedures
5. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
6. Proven knowledge of Information Technology
7. Valid Human Resource Practicing License from Institute of Human Resource as per the Human Resource Management Professionals Act, 2012.
8. Other relevant skills and experience will be an added advantage
9. Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
1. Good Communication skills
2. Good public and customer relations skills
3. Good report writing skills
4. Good management Skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application, a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer by 31st December, 2018 at 5:00pm to:
Kenya National Service
P.O Box 30573-00100
Kenya National Library Service is an equal opportunity employer, women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Richard M. Atuti, OGW