Kenya National Library Service (KNLS) Board which is a State Corporation in the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage invites applications from suitable qualified persons for the following vacant post:
Job Title: Assistant Director – Technical Services
Duties and Responsibilities
1. The Assistant Director (Technical Services) will assist in the co-ordination of Library services and will be responsible to the Deputy Director Technical Services.
2. Assist in the management and general planning, coordination of activities in all the Library Divisions
3. Co-ordinate the educational and information needs of the communities served;
4. Co-ordinate collection development; stock management; advisory services
5. Surveying, identifying and maintain a database of possible areas for establishment of libraries.
6. Liaising with County Governments and other Stakeholders to mobilize local resources for library development.
7. Networking and partnerships; seeking support from other funding agencies (e.g. NGOs, private sector, community) for library development.
8. Co-ordinate advisory services, research, budgeting, projects and participation in development related forums.
9. Supervision and appraisal of staff
10. Perform duties that may be assigned from time to time by Management.
1. Masters Degree in Library Studies or information Science
2. Five (5) years continuous work experience post-graduation, three (3) of which must be in Senior Management in a large Library set up.
3. Demonstrated outstanding leadership, professional competence and administrative ability in the overall management of a library Function.
4. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
5. Familiar with Government of Kenya’s Operational Procedures
6. Proven knowledge of Information Technology
7. Valid member of Kenya Library Association (KLA) in good standing
8. Other related skills and experience will be an advantage.
9. Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
1. Good Communication skills
2. Good public and customer relations skills
3. Good report writing skills
4. Good management Skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application, a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer by 31st December, 2018 at 5:00pm to:
Kenya National Service
P.O Box 30573-00100
Kenya National Library Service is an equal opportunity employer, women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Richard M. Atuti, OGW