Kenya National Library Service (KNLS) Board which is a State Corporation in the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage invites applications from suitable qualified persons for the following vacant posts:
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Participates in library development plans
2. Prepares annual work plans and budgets
3. Implements policies that relate to library matters
4. Staff management (mentoring, duty allocation discipline, appraisal etc)
5. Research on library matters
6. Manages selection, collection, acquisition, organization and maintenance of library information materials and databases.
7. Ensures daily stock management
8. Ensures lending, reference and referral services are delivered in a timely manner
9. Production of periodic reports
10. Networking and partnership
11. Participates in developing policies
12. Quality assurance
13. Oversees marketing and promotion of library services
14. Ensure maintenance of a conducive reading environment
15. Developing the use of Information Communication Technology
16. Organize book events
17. Source for donors/partners to support library activities
18. Oversee reference and referral services
19. Manage revenue collection and remittance
20. Oversee Management of e- resources
21. Perform duties that may be assigned from time to time by Management.
1. Masters Degree in Library Studies or information Science or its equivalent
2. Five (5) years continuous work experience post-graduation, three (3) of which must be in Senior Management in a library set up.
3. Demonstrated outstanding leadership, professional competence and administrative ability in the overall management of a library Function.
4. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
5. Familiar with Government of Kenya’s Operational Procedures
6. Proven knowledge of Information Technology
7. Valid member of Kenya Library Association in good standing
8. Other related skills and experience will be an advantage.
9. Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
1. Good Communication skills
2. Good public and customer relations skills
3. Good report writing skills
4. Good management Skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application, a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer by 31st December, 2018 at 5:00pm to:
The Director / CEO
Kenya National Service
P.O Box 30573-00100
Kenya National Library Service is an equal opportunity employer, women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Richard M. Atuti, OGW