Kenya Revenue Authority
Recruitment for Commissioner of Domestic Taxes
Kenya Revenue Authority is the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya, with the primary goal of delivering Kenya to financial self-sufficiency through effective tax revenue mobilization.
In pursuit of our goal, we seek to recruit a Commissioner responsible for Domestic Taxes whose key mandates among others, are to:
Purpose of the job: The Commissioner Domestic Taxes will be responsible for setting the overall direction of the department and provide leadership within the context of the Authority’s overall strategic plan.
- Implement strategies to effectively recruit taxpayers to broaden the tax base and tax net.
- Implement strategies to promote efficient customer service, enhance operational efficiency and reduce tax payers cost of compliance.
- Implement strategies to effectively collect revenue due from economic activities and to counter possible tax evasion.
- Manage departmental resources and budgets.
- Manage and motivate staff to deliver high impact performance.
Personal Specifications and Role Competencies
- Firm and strategic leadership orientation.
- Change catalyst with ability to manage change resistance.
- Performance driven with ability to optimise team results using available resources.
- Manage pressure and stand by principles.
- Strong ability to persuade and influence.
- High standards of integrity and ability to instil the same among teams.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong leadership, team building and communications skills.
Applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- University Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Fiscal Management, Law or related fields.
- Fifteen (15) years experience in Tax Administration or Fiscal Management, at least ten (10) of which must be in middle and senior management levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Fiscal Management operations and reform agenda.
- Master’s Degree in the relevant fields shall confer added advantage.
This is a key position open to persons with the relevant exposure and experience.
It should interest those with a passion for success and who aspire to make discernible change that positively impacts Kenya and its people.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo corruption and security background vetting in accordance with KRA and Government procedures.
Candidates interested in the position should apply in the prescribed format on or before Monday, 17th December 2018.
Applications shall be made through KRA’s electronic portal only.
To apply, log onto https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and follow the instructions provided, detailing the application process.
For more details on the application procedure, please visit the KRA Website www.kra.go.ke under careers section. In case of difficulty accessing or completing the application, applicants may send email queries to iSupporthr@kra.go.ke or call 020 281 7024 during working hours.
Candidates are advised against any form of canvassing as this will lead to automatic disqualification.
KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming.