Vacant Position: Labour Management Officer
Division: Labour Management Department
Duty Station: Nairobi
Job Summary: The Labour Management Officer will be responsible for day-to-day operations, direct supervision of staff, managing the client’s HR Functions, helping and creating organizational and program plans in collaboration with the Client needs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination and Supervision – Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of staff at the client site.
- Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of client’s goals / needs.
- Ensure implementation of policies and procedures provided by the client
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources- Assist in recruitment and placement of required staff; provision of Human resource consultancy/ advice to the client where required; delegation of tasks and accountabilities.
- Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance in partnership with the client responsible personnel.
- Communication – Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as HR needs, Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Strategic Input – Liaison with client to assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity, implement and manage operational plans.
- Risk Management – Oversee organizational insurance policies. Ensure health and Safety polices are in place and are followed.
- Bachelors in Human resource management
- At least 3 years’ experience in Human Resource Labour management / Account Management
- Knowledge of Labour laws and Standards
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Knowledge of contract management and knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
Qualified and interested candidates share their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org