Our client, a motel located on Thika- Garissa road is seeking to recruit Bartenders to support its operations.
General responsibilities: As a Bartender, you will be required prepare and serve drinks to customers, mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in regard to customer requirements.
- Interact with customers, take orders for drinks and snacks.
- Plan and present bar menu.
- Serve snacks and drinks to the customer.
- Check identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol and tobacco products.
- Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drink recipes.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Ability to sell or influence others for up selling and suggestive selling.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions to guests for choosing drinks and snacks.
- Serve customers in a friendly manner.
- Maintain a clean working area.
- Maintain liquor inventory and consumption.
- Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Any other duty assigned by the restaurant
Job skills / qualifications
- Degree/Diploma in hotel management/ hospitality/business related course
- At least 2 years of experience in the same position
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate positive attitude all the time
- Must have the food handlers’ certificate
- Good customer service skills
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward detailed Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org by or on 31st December 2018.
Please indicate ‘Bartender’ on the subject of the email.