Job Vacancy: Data Clerk
Main Objectives of this position: The data clerk will be responsible for the transcription of data to electronic databases at the research clinic. His/her main role will be to transcribe research data collected from paper case report forms (CRFs) to electronic databases in a timely and accurate manner, and ensure the data is shared with study investigators weekly.
He/she will work under the supervision of the Clinic Section Head and in collaboration with other study staff.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks include:
- Transcribe data from paper case report forms to electronic databases such as SPSS, REDCap and MS Access/Excel
- Liaise with project doctors and nurses for accurate and completion of patient CRFs
- Maintain the effectiveness and efficiency of existing data systems and where necessary initiate corrective measures in various studies
- Ensure timely and accurate update and availability of data whenever needed
- Ensure data backups are current and effective
- Run consent audit program every week to ensure all informed consent forms have been accounted for
- Transfer databases to shared online space on a weekly basis for access by investigators
- Prepare data for cleaning on a quarterly basis by creating and printing data line lists, and performing line listing of the data with other staff
- Solve data queries when they come up and provide updated/clean data
- Participate in regular data management SOP revision and training
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of research participants
- Perform other tasks as assigned by clinical section head, other section heads or study Principal Investigator
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experiences:
- Diploma in Information Technology (IT) or any other relevant basic data management training
- Computer literacy skills with MS Office and SPSS Software.
- Knowledge of REDCap will be an added advantage
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Trained in Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects Research
- Able to work with minimal supervision, and be ready to work for long hours when necessary
Terms of Employment: 1-year renewable contract. Successful candidate will undergo a 3 months’ probation period.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
ICT and Technology
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Job Vacancy: Data Clerk
Main Objectives of this position: The data clerk will be responsible for the transcription of data to electronic databases at the research clinic. His/her main role will be to transcribe research data collected from paper case report forms (CRFs) to electronic databases in a timely and accurate manner, and ensure the data is shared with study investigators weekly.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.