Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA)
Request For Proposal
Consultancy Services to Conduct a Job Evaluation Exercise for Norwegian Peoples’ Aid (NPA) South Sudan Program
The vision of Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is “Solidarity in Action”. We are a politically independent membership-based organization working in Norway and in more than 35 countries around the world. Founded in 1939 as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organization, NPA has worked in South Sudan since 1986. Our Country Office is based in Juba and from there NPA oversees a complex multi-sector programme delivering activities through a network of Sub-Offices located in 5 States and employing around 200 staff.
To ensure that current positions in the program are appropriately graded and to eliminate anomalies and inconsistencies in the existing structure, the NPA Senior Management Team has approved the conducting of a comprehensive Job Evaluation Exercise.
Towards this end the NPA in South Sudan is seeking to hire a Consultant or Consulting Firm to undertake the evaluation exercise.
The objective of this consultancy is to conduct a comprehensive job evaluation exercise across NPA’s South Sudan Program to ensure that all positions in the current structure are appropriately classified and aligned to a salary scale which rewards staff accordingly and is commensurate to their duties and responsibilities.
2.1 Specific objectives
The Specific Objectives of the exercise are:
1. Develop a framework in order to determine the weighting of individual positions under a fair and equitable assessment process.
2. Classify the level of individual jobs in the organizational hierarchy based on that weighting framework with a clear justification for the weighting of each individual job.
3. Develop a clear and user friendly job weighting framework for future recruitments.
4. Review the accompanying salary structure that enables the establishment of salary ranges for respective job grades and levels based on the grading system.
3.0 Required services
The work to be undertaken by the Consultant or Consulting firm in the preparation of the
Outputs should include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Interviews with staff for all the benchmarked positions as well as their supervisors.
- Analysis of current job descriptions
- Review of the current organogram-
- Review relevant literature internally such as the proposed salary scale, previous salary survey reports and program review reports among others.
- 3 x Field visits
4.0 Output and deliverables
At the end of the process, NPA expects:
- Revised/ updated job descriptions for all staff in the program.
- Job weightings for all current positions,
- Development of a tool kit for the weighting of future recruitments
A final report.
The final report will include:
- A comprehensive analysis of each position with job weightings which are fully justified.
- A description of omissions or inconsistencies identified in the Job Evaluation exercise
- The job evaluation method detailing the parameters used.
- A recommended job evaluation system to be used in future.
5.0 Required skills and qualifications
Eligible Consultant firms/individuals should have the following qualifications:
- At least ten (10) years relevant experience in providing Job analysis and classification, job evaluation and compensation consultation services or as a reward specialist.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field.
- Good knowledge of job evaluation methodology including but not limited to Hays method of job evaluation
- Experience in organisational review and/or design would be an asset
- Ability to manage assignments effectively and consistently ensuring timeliness and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication and representation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel within South Sudan
6.0 Proposal Content
- Company profile or CVs of lead persons
- Detailed technical proposal with clear approach, methodology and process
- A statement illustrating how the applicant meets the person specification include relevant experience of similar assignments executed in the last 2 years.
- Illustrated innovation in the execution of the assignment or product delivery will be an added advantage
- A detailed work plan from start to finish of the assignment
- Detailed budget breakdown
7.0 Nature of engagement
NPA expects the assignment to be completed within 30 working days from the date of signing the agreement. This period is inclusive of report writing.
8.0 Submission of Proposals
Consultants / individuals interested in participating in the above exercise are requested to submit their proposal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy proposals will not be accepted.
This should reach us on or before December 31, 2018