Olturoto Children’s Village (OCV) is a registered transitional rescue centre established in Olturoto area, Isinya sub-county, Kajiado County in Kenya with the aim of providing family-based, quality, alternative care to orphaned and vulnerable children.
The ultimate goal of all activities at OCV is to provide a conducive environment in which the children can develop/regain positive self-concept prior to being placed back within families under kin-ship care.
We are seeking to recruit a competent individual of good character and moral standing in the community for the following role.
Position: House Parent / Care Giver (Full Time)
Salary: 10K – 12K
Job Purpose: To make a difference in the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children by providing required care and love. The Houseparent will be required to create a family oriented environment and to provide guidance, emotional and physical support to our children.
Job Station: this is a live-in position at OCV (applicants must be able to live within the home)
Requirements: current certificate of good conduct, food handling certificate and letter of recommendation from the area chief.
- Day to day care and protection of children within the home
- Be a source of counsel to the children on all matters
- Properly follow a holistic functional house timetable (School Days and Holidays)
- Prepare the children for school every day
- Managing and maintaining stock (food and non-food items);
- Provide spiritual training and teach independent life skills to the children
- Accompany children to church and doctor appointments
- Strict implementation of house conduct and discipline
- Assisting children with Homework
- Preparing meals and meal menus
- Housekeeping and minor farm work
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Minimum KCSE D & Above
- Aged 28 years and above
- At least two years’ experience working with children.
- Must be of good character and moral standing within the community and able to pass a criminal background check and physical health exams.
- The House Parent must be creative, consistent, patient, compassionate, and serious about responsibility.
- Modelling a Christian life is very important.
- This is a very challenging live in, full-time position, in a rural setting with one day off a week.
Both female and male applicants are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and the best candidate will be selected for the job.
No canvassing is allowed.
How to Apply
Applicants may drop off their application letters and CVs at our office at the home during working hours i.e. 8.00am to 5.00pm or email their applications to email@example.com by 21st December 2018.
Please indicate expected salary in your application letter.