The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
The Hospital wishes to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position in our Pharmacy Section:
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring accurate compounding, dispensing, patient education and handling of pharmaceutical supplies for all orders and to provide effective pharmaceutical services to meet customer needs.
- Deliver drug discharges to patients in the ward, for effective provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Receive prescriptions from patients, verify and dispense drugs within approved standards and procedures to enable overall accomplishment of departmental goal.
- Counsel patients on drug administration for optimum customer satisfaction.
- Compound drugs when required, for effective service provision.
- Verify expiry dates of drugs prior to dispensing to prevent anomalies in service delivery.
- Comply and observe the environmental health and safety measures and regulations.
- Dispense drugs accurately and in timely manner to uphold quality standards of the department.
- Ensure the accuracy of the label before dispensing for right patient, right drug and right quantity, for effective service delivery.
- Maintain and update personal drug knowledge data base to ensure accurate provision of pharmaceutical care of general disease states as well as specialized knowledge in the assigned area of expertise.
- Assisting in facilitating and act as a secretary in PTC meetings
- Conduct training to Pharmacy staff in related to CPOE or any changes or updates.
- Ensuring stocks adjustment forms are filled, signed and adjusted by finance in a timely manner
Required qualifications, attributes and experience
- Certificate in Pharmacy
- 5 years’ experience as a dispenser
- Knowledge of the hospital management information system ( CARE 2000)
- Computer literate, good communication skills
- Familiarity with hospital pharmacy functioning and locally available drugs and their indications.
- Ability to keep up with Continuous Pharmaceutical Developments and Continuous Medical Education programmes.
Candidates are invited to upload a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline of submitting application is on 10th January, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”