Job Title: Radiographer
Number of posts: 1
Industry: Health sector
A leading diagnostics provider is seeking to recruit for the position of Radiographer.
The ideal candidate MUST be registered by the Radiation Protection Board and SORK, have a valid practice license and have a diploma in Radiography.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Explaining procedures to patients and answering questions. Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan.
- Set up examination rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready.
- Positioning patients for imaging exams. Position and immobilize patient on examining table.
- Position imaging equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Take thorough and accurate patient medical histories. Prepare and administer oral or injected contrast media to patients.
- Monitoring patients during exams.
- Documenting information with computers. Record, process and maintain patient data and treatment records, and prepare reports.
- Ensuring safety of patients during exams. Monitor patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
- Producing diagnostic image quality examinations. Operate or oversee operation of radiologic and magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Coordinate work with clerical personnel and other technologists.
- Demonstrate new equipment, procedures, and techniques to staff, and provide technical assistance.
- Participate in planning, organizing and provision of quality radiography services
- Ensure the availability and control of relevant supplies and equipment for the department
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of radiographic equipment consistent with health requirements; report any faults noted
- Follow up on patients after treatment to track the progress of recovery and ensure patients show no signs of radiation side effect
- Diploma in Radiography.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your current detailed CV (must have 3 professional referees including a current or former supervisor), registration certificate, valid license, current & expected salary ONLY to email@example.com by 15th Dec 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted