An exciting opportunity has arisen for a General Manager position at Rafikiz Bar and Lounge in Langata, Nairobi.
Job Objective: Directs all Bar and Lounge operations, and assesses, evaluates and meets the short and long-term needs to ensure its success.
- Develops and implements the strategic plan, marketing plan, budget and Goals program to ensure on an on-going basis optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Ensures highest level of guest satisfaction by providing, within corporate standards, quality guest services and amenities.
- Manages the function of all Bar and Lounge personnel through supervision of second in command and, directly or indirectly, of Bar and Lounge department heads.
- Monitors present and future trends, practices and systems in the Bar and Lounge industry and determines ad ensure execution of competitive programs.
- Participates actively in selling his Bar and Lounge through personal involvement with all potentials markets
- Conducts weekly inspections and ensures physical facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive maintenance programs and judicious planning
- Oversees and directs the personnel function of the Bar and Lounge including recruitment, hiring, orientation, coaching, counseling, training wage and salary administration, labor relations, performance appraisal and succession planning.
- Is responsible for security and safety of guest and employees and ensures emergency procedures are established, well publicized, practiced and enforced.
- Implements Management Development and Succession Plans in coordination with Corporate and Divisional staff and recommends high quality management candidates.
- Monitors applicable laws and regulations and ensures compliance.
- Established and maintains effective internal communication including weekly department head meeting to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Establishes and maintains a prominent level of visibility and involvement in his property and in business, social and governmental communities.
- Establishes and maintain effective employee relations
- Installs and monitors cash management programs including inventories and receivables
- Develops recognition programs, advertising and promotion campaigns to obtain greatest market awareness and patronage
- Reviews energy conservation programs to ensure minimum energy and utility consumption without sacrificing human comfort.
- Monitors purchasing practices to ensure compliance with IHC policy and procedures
- Contributes to LRH growth by identifying communication potential development opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with owning company and keeps fully aware of its organizations and operating structures.
- Performs other assignments as defined by the needs of the property or as directed by supervisors
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or Bachelor of Commerce Finance and Management Degree.
- 5-7 years working experience in Operations.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Proven skills in business & financial management.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a proactively diverse organisation.
- Excellent proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of management, organizational control, and effective supervision.
- Working knowledge of travel industry practices, regulatory requirements, marketing, sales, and customer service methods and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their CV and Application letter only to; email@example.com Cc to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us by 21st December 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
State the job and your expected salary on the subject line.