Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek a Process Manager who will work in our Business Success Team to lead our end-product business to profitability. This team is responsible for driving improvements to sales, operations, and production through a rigorous analytical approach.
Specifically, the Process Manager is responsible for:
- Process Management: Achieve predictable operations – measure, analyze, monitor and control inputs to achieve repeatable and reproducible outcomes in operations. Perform statistical analysis to identify gaps and drive decisions to manage process variability.
- Integrated Production Planning & Control: Implement cross-team collaborative planning that uses multi-objective models to optimize production planning as we scale up production by more than 15X across multiple products.
- Build a closed-loop system with operations to continually learn and manage variances between plan, forecast and actual outputs and inputs.
- Continuous Improvement (CI): To coach and support teams in generating CI projects to improve quality, efficiency, productivity, health and safety. Coach and support teams in their project management so that they complete their projects effectively on time, within budget and to the right specifications.
- Quality Management: Oversee systems for quality planning, quality assurance and quality control across the company.
- Health Safety & Environment: Oversee systems to comply and improve safety, health and the environment at Sanergy.
- In line with the responsibilities above, the Process manager will:
- Build, implement and manage a data system of production inputs and outputs and continually monitor production and implement measures to reduce variability.
- Be a coach on the floor for staff of across all hierarchical levels to adopt practices that will minimize variability of inputs and outputs.
- Conduit between New Technologies and R&D teams to ensure that new processes are implemented across operations in a sustainable manner.
- Work with the New Technologies team and R&D to refine the multi-objective model used for planning. Facilitate collaborative planning across teams with a closed loop feedback system designed to learn and manage variances between plan, forecast and actuals.
- Provide leadership to the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment team to build compliance across the company as required, and to improve organizational performance and Quality, Health, Safety and Environment. Coach teams to propose and turn around continuous improvement projects in good time.
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- An Engineering, Applied Science, or Science degree; preferred in Process Engineering or Industrial Engineering, and with Masters such as MBA
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Operational and Quality Improvement roles, preferably in an industrial setting, with a track record of exceptional performance, using rigorous data-driven approaches
- Proficient in data organization and analysis
- Experience in production and/or financial modelling
- Demonstration of an exceptional approach to problem-solving, driven by logic, analysis, discipline and structure
- Team management experience with an emphasis on developing team members through coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity and comfort with continually adapting plans
- Experience in a startup and a multicultural environment is highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills (verbal, written) and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships. Should have the ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and judgment in working with all levels of staff.
- Pleasant, energetic, confident, with a positive, can-do attitude, good work ethic, and professionalism.
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 14th December, 2018.
Kindly indicate your salary expectations.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Engineering and Technical
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.