Sales Manager (East Africa) – Industry & Food & Beverage
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
- Deploys all sales actions in order to maximize the installed base services with assigned Strategic accounts and country/BU Targeted account
- The Field Services Sales Manager (OSSR) is accountable for the promotion and sales of a broad range of technical services including the start-up, maintenance, testing, retrofit, upgrade and digital Services of all major manufacturer’s electrical equipment installed at the customer’s site.
- The Sales Manager also accountable for the selling of turnkey projects ranging from simple replacement of equipment to fully engineered solutions.
- This position is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing SE customers to identify the scope of work, estimate and sell system adds/modifications and maintenance agreements so as to meet or exceed his/her profitable sales target.
- The FSS develops new sales opportunities and addresses and services the needs of established accounts, utilizes excellent products/solutions/services and customer knowledge to educate customers on pricing and application advantages, and how they meet customer’s needs.
- Creates Field Service proposals, and close them facing the customer. He/she interacts with the account manager from the Business Units, and also with FS Inside Sales Services Representative and Field Services Operational Marketing. He/she will have to increase the mix of Service Plans sales as a top priority.
- Develops account profiles and executes the sales plan.
- Applies market and account skills necessary for dealing with specific target audiences.
- Identifies and contacts potential customers or prospects, either existing or new.
- Secures customer satisfaction overseeing all ongoing activities with the customer (orders, delivery)
- Utilizes BFO (Salesforce.com) for sales funnel management and for Account Planning.
- Provides monthly forecasts and summaries in a timely manner.
- Participates in the preparation of analysis and reports on field service performance.
- Prepares sales quotations and proposals with the help of quotation team in respect of FS expected margin.
- Works closely with Inside Service Sales Representatives and the BU account manager to maximize business opportunities.
- Is “feeding” the Field Services Marketing leaders with Offers feedback and needs
- Educates customers on all SE products and services with special attention on Recurring and digital Offers
- Provides mentoring, coaching and guidance to other sales employees
- Coordinates and/or attends trade shows and marketing/sales seminars as needed
- Diploma in electrical engineering. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field is an added advantage
- The successful candidate should have a (4) year college degree or equivalent work experience and (3-10) years technical sales experience.
- Ability to build a sustainable and reliable relationship with the customer. The concept of Customer Intimacy is critical in Field Services.
- Understand the market of F&B and other industrial producers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including C-level customers
- Thorough knowledge of Schneider Electric services offers throughout the Asset Management Life Cycle of the product.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and ERP/CRM related tools.
- Excellent organizational skills.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online