School Accountant (50K)
Location: BuruBuru, Nairobi
Reports to: School Director
Our client, an education provider that exists to nurture globally competitive students through unique programs, experiences and valuable partnerships, is recruiting an Accountant to join their school.
- In consultation with line manager and the Headteacher, prepare the school’s annual budget and review and update as necessary.
- Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget, and produce monthly reports for the Directors
- Keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with financial regulations and prepare accounts for submission to the school’s auditors.
- Assist in the preparation for the annual audit, liaising with all parties involved.
- Maintain and oversee all bank accounts, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors to her/his line manager.
- Ensure that the school’s finance policy is reviewed and updated as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of accurate statutory deductions accounting and payment so that returns are submitted as required.
- Be responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking
- Scrutinise and attend to the payment of all invoices and statements of account
- Carry out and keep analyses of costs and other statistical information.
- Co-ordinate and maintain a list of approved contractors and suppliers to ensure best value.
- Manage, negotiate and monitor all contracts and relationships with external contractors.
- Advise the Board of Directors and its committees as required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- CPA (K)
- More than 4 years working experience in a school environment
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, Quickbooks
- Team player with good attitude towards work and colleagues.
Deadline: Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their online application on or before 3rd January 2019
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.