We seek to hire a Warehouse Clerk for our client in the clearing and forwarding industry.
- To physically receive, unload and load trucks with client materials/products accordingly and maintain an inventory control.
- Ensure the warehouse is stocked with essential equipment and support in coordinating the movement and storage of goods in a warehouse.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Goods Handling
- Ensure that incoming goods are unloaded and stored correctly and safely in the warehouse.
- Locate items needed and prepare them for loading
- Weigh and count items for distribution within the warehouse to ensure conformance to company and warehouse standards
- Monitor incoming and outgoing goods for obvious faults or defects and report to the supervisor or the Chief Operations Officer
- Ensure the warehouse machinery is serviced and functional
- Check orders using inventory control system against original purchase documents
- Ensure content of goods delivered are double-checked for accuracy
- Conduct warehouse stock audits
- Assist in counting of physical inventory
- Liaise with drivers and other transport workers to ensure that orders are loaded and unloaded.
- Liaise frequently with client services staff, often to give client details of loading times and delivery time estimates
- Perform monthly inventory checks
5. Support in labelling and packaging
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method
6. Support in Safety procedures
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for designated staff
- Ensure all persons accessing the warehouse follow all safety codes.
- Ensure compliance of safety procedures in running warehouse operations
Requirements for the Position
- Diploma in Store /Warehouse management or Procurement.
- 2 Years’ experience carrying out operations in a busy warehouse for a clearing and forwarding company
- Possession of a Forklift Truck Certification and License will be an added advantage
- BCE Driving License
If you qualify for the above mentioned position, please send your cv on or before 14th December 2018 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.