Job Opening: Finance and Administration Director – Nairobi
About Action Africa Help International
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organisation that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia, Dibouti and Ethiopia.
AAH-I has over 30 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities.
More recently AAH-l has expanded its activities to work with other marginalized communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
Provide finance and administration leadership for AAH-l to ensure standards of excellence through financial management, accountability and integrity.
To guide and enable the HQ/Country Offices, with a focus on ensuring accountability, capacity building of finance staff, coordination of budget and planning processes and review of financial strategies for AAH-I that best serve strategic and program objectives.
Promote an environment of integration, innovation, empowerment and responsible stewardship throughout AAH-I.
The full Job Description is available on the AAH-I website. (www.actionafricahelp.org)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Masters degree in Finance, Business Admin, Accounting or equivalent
- CPA (K) or equivalent certification
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in similar position preferably in an INGO.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
- Knowledge of and experience with donor and government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements.
- Senior leadership experience in strategic financial and operational management
Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by 15th February, 2019.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates.