Exciting Business Development & Relationship Management Role
Account Manager Position – Nairobi, Kenya
Our client is a leading player in the African Entrepreneurship growth space and aims to create access to skills, markets and finance for African Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to drive job creation and enterprise development.
To achieve their mission, they provide a technology-supported platform called the African Partner Pool (APP) which provides direct linkage between large multinational companies in Kenya and SMEs to transact business together.
Through the APP:
- Tenders and procurement bids are advertised and fully-managed.
- SMEs can discover and laterally do business with each other.
- Capacity building to SMEs through training, financial services and online events through its partners.
- They have branches in Ghana, Senegal and Kenya and has ambitions to grow further in Africa.
They are seeking a seasoned Account Manager who will be responsible for:
- Establishing and fostering long-term relationships with Partners/Buyers, inspiring growth, trust, communication clarity and alignment of end-goals.
- Working closely with the APP team on marketing strategies and acquiring new key accounts to grow the portfolio of the targeted procurement share and leads in business development initiatives to generate revenue.
- Achieving tender targets through the process of growing and developing new clients.
- Being part of a growing company that finds solutions to obstacles and develops new strategies and ideas that set them apart from competition.
The role holder will be accountable for Revenue Generation, Portfolio growth, New Partner / Buyer Acquisition, Account Management, Business reporting and Client Relationship Management.
1. Partner/Buyer Acquisition Strategy and plan: Develop a Partner/Buyer acquisition plan and strategy, with a compelling value proposition to acquire the right partners/buyers.
2. Account Management: Deliver outstanding client experience and relationship management through:
- Establishing relationships with Partners/Buyers and consistently providing high standard of service as the day‐to‐day client contact, serving as the Partner’s internal liaison and champion and ensuring delivery of the brand promise.
- Interacting collaboratively with the technical team, supplier recruitment and vetting team, in Partner/Buyer on-boarding to deliver superior experience in supporting Partner/Buyer account set up, training, supplier sensitization & migration to full platform functionality.
3. Partner/Buyer Acquisition: Execute the acquisition strategy by continuously generating leads, to develop new business through targeted direct sales, organizing events and follow through, organizing product demos and managing the sales process to closing to achieve target revenues.
4. Business intelligence: Provide regular and prompt business intelligence on competition and general market intelligence to management and provides weekly progress reports to inform decision-making. Consistently delivered on time, with increased profitability.
Skills & Expertise:
A Highly Organized multi-tasker, leader, professional with initiative and Innovativeness is desired for the role.
The role befits an individual with impeccable Business Development background with hands-on experience in high level corporate sales, experience in developing and establishing a robust business/deal pipeline as well as managing multiple accounts while maintaining end to-end relationships for Business sustainability.
- Good business development skills with proven sales experience.
- A Relevant Bachelors’ Degree with at least 5 years’ proven relevant work experience in high level corporate sales and relationship management.
- Good Information Communication Technology and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
- Experience in the Marketing, Business and Technology Industry.
Personal Attributes Specifications
- Strong organizational, leadership and client service skills.
- Strong communication skills, high accuracy, detail oriented and methodical approach to problem solving.
- A strong problem solver, confident demeanor, able to represent the company to different clients.
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, email us your updated CV, quoting the job title (Account Manager) in the email subject to email@example.com by close of business on Mon 7th January 2019.
The position carries an initial 7-month contract with an attractive remuneration performance based commission.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary in your application or CV.
DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES AND TESTIMONIALS.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.