Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Research and Design Lead, Kenya DFSA
ACDI/VOCA is promptly seeking a Research and Design Lead for the upcoming USAID Title II Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Kenya. The DFSA in Kenya is anticipated to be a multi-year project to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity.
The activity will aim to sustainably reduce levels of acute malnutrition and increase food security in the most vulnerable households in northern Kenya. To achieve this, the ACDI/VOCA team will ensure the implementation of interventions designed to increase incomes, ensure access to nutritious food year-round, improve household nutrition and hygiene practices, and strengthen governance in communities affected by shocks and stresses.
The Research and Design Lead, a member of senior management team, will provide technical leadership to formative research activities, refinement of the Theory of Change, and development of a locally adapted programmatic approach to reducing acute malnutrition.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring the appropriateness and rigor of research methods, overseeing data collection and analysis, and ensuring research results are useful and applicable for making program design decisions.
- Develop methodology and lead rigorous research, analysis and studies
- Ensure research and pilot findings are incorporated into sound programmatic design
- Ensure the program quality standards and rigor are adhered to
- Coordinate and collaborate with research staff, the Technical Steering Committee, and other GoK and USAID stakeholders and partners
- Work closely with the CLA and M&E Leads to ensure intentional learning and knowledge application throughout all phases of this activity
- Master’s degree in nutrition, public health, economics, business, international development or other relevant sectors required; PhD is preferred
- Minimum 10 years of field experience in research, design and evaluation
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders including research institutions, think tanks and government agencies
- Demonstrated experience in research and design of humanitarian support and/or food security programs required
- Thorough understanding of Theory of Change desired
- A record of successful performance in Sub-Saharan Africa context desired
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English required
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs.
The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.