Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Strategic Learning Lead, Kenya DFSA
ACDI/VOCA is promptly seeking a Strategic Learning Lead for the upcoming USAID Title II Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Kenya. The DFSA in Kenya is anticipated to be a multi-year project to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity.’
The activity will aim to sustainably reduce levels of acute malnutrition and increase food security in the most vulnerable households in northern Kenya. To achieve this, the ACDI/VOCA team will ensure the implementation of interventions designed to increase incomes, ensure access to nutritious food year-round, improve household nutrition and hygiene practices, and strengthen governance in communities affected by shocks and stresses.
The Strategic Learning Lead, a member of senior management team, will play a critical role in translating formative and implementation research findings into an evidence-based activity design.
S/he will be responsible for improving peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, data utilization, and collaboration, learning and adaptation (CLA).
- Provide technical leadership in development and application of methods and tools for successful peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, evidence and data utilization
- Manage the process of project learning to ensure knowledge from a range of sources – pilot and intervention experiences, performance monitoring data, staff and partner observations, research studies, contextual trends, etc. – is effectively analyzed, shared and applied
- Organize and facilitate regular staff and partner meetings to share experiences and lessons, and brainstorm ways to apply new learning in day-to-day as well as strategic plans
- Ensure collaboration and learning across all projects in the applicants selected implementation area
- Ensure the interventions includes active, intentional, and adaptive learning within and across multi-sectoral activities
- Work closely with the Research and Design and M&E Leads to ensure intentional learning and knowledge application throughout all phases of the project
- Coordinate and collaborate with research staff, the Technical Steering Committee, and other GoK and USAID stakeholders and partners
- Advanced degree in nutrition, public health, economics, organizational learning, international development or other relevant sectors required
- Minimum 5 years of field experience in developing and implementing learning strategies
- Knowledge of USAID’s CLA approach and/or trends in food security M&E required
- Proven experience leading project teams in the process of regularly capturing and analyzing information, reflecting on its implications for current practice, and adapting accordingly to support and improve development outcomes
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders including research institutions, think tanks, government agencies, donor, and local communities
- Understanding of Theory of Change desired
- A record of successful performance in Sub-Saharan Africa context required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English required
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs.
The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.