Job Title: Administrative Assistant
- Performs administrative duties for executive management.
- Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories
- Composes notices, minutes, and resolutions.
- Actively involved in the company’s tender application processes
- Acts as custodian of company documents and records and petty cash.
- Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, takes dictation, composes and types correspondence, reads and routes incoming mail, and performs other administrative and clerical duties.
- Handles sensitive and extensive confidential information.
- Files correspondence and other records.
- Schedules appointments and makes changes to calendar as necessary.
- Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and directs visitors to appropriate person.
- Arranges travel schedule and reservations.
- Compiles and types statistical and budget related reports, maintains related databases and enters new data.
- Schedules conferences, meetings and records minutes of staff meetings and makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
Education & Work Experience:
- BA, BCom or BBIT degree
- Work experience in the freight forwarding industry is an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience working with tender applications.
- Ability to manage a large and variable work load, ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned work.
- Strong oral and communication skills and English language fluency.
- Proficient organization and time management skills.
- Requires excellent skills in databases, word processing, spread sheets, desktop publishing, and presentation applications.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Results Driven
- Team work and People Skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com before end of day 10th February 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted