African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP) – Bridging Development Research, Policy and Practice
AFIDEP is a non-profit policy research institute whose purpose is to facilitate the synthesis, translation and utilization of research and other evidence in policy-making, programme design, and resource allocation in Africa.
AFIDEP seeks a highly qualified and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Communications Officer.
The Communications Officer will play a key technical role in implementing our policy engagement and communications strategy to raise AFIDEP’s profile and impact as a regional development research policy institute.
- Branding: Contribute to AFIDEP brand development and execution.
- Publications: Create, design, edit and produce content for various institutional and technical publications.
- Media and multi-media: Implement a robust media engagement strategy; produce and publish multi-media products (including videos, podcasts, photo-stories, infographics, animations, etc.) in a timely fashion.
- Online presence: Manage AFIDEP’s website and social media accounts.
- Capacity development: Contribute to capacity building of internal and external stakeholders on science communications and evidence-informed decision-making.
- Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE): Implement MLE plan for communications work.
A Masters’ Degree in Communications, Media or International Relations, with at least 5 years’ experience in science communications.
Applicants are invited to submit their CVs, cover letter, and one-page motivation statement.
Please refer to our website for the full requirements for this position at: https://www.afidep.org/jobs/
Terms of employment: The position is an initial contract of 2 years renewable depending on performance, relevance and availability of resources.
AFIDEP is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application: Communications Officer – AFIDEP “as email subject
Deadline: February 15, 2019.