Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity: Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist and Head of Department
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet, with plans to spread to Narok.
With the ongoing expansion we seek to recruit professionals for the following positions:
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist and Head of Department
Overall Responsibility: The successful candidate will be expected to provide overall leadership and governance, as well as clinical care in the department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Specifically, the candidate will: –
- Provide balanced, evidence-based medical care to patients and their families in the department.
- Drive growth and expansion of the scope of services within the department.
- Lead the departmental quality improvement and patient safety agenda, fitting within the institutional overall objectives
- Inculcate teamwork and a multidisciplinary approach to patient management.
- Support medical education as part of continuing professional development services within the department and the institution.
- Engage in teaching and mentorship activities of junior doctors and interns.
- MMed in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from a university recognized by CUE.
- Specialist Recognition by the Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists’ Board
- Registered, licenced and retained by the Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists’ Board.
- At least two years post graduate working experience.
- Knowledge and interest in Laparoscopy will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies
- The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the drive, desire and ability to enhance the scope of maternal health services in order to meet and exceed the expectation of the customer.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to positively influence and nurture teamwork.
- High level of customer-satisfaction orientation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 31st January 2019.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.