An agribusiness company involved in the processing of avocado oil and export of fresh avocados from contracted farmers is looking for a qualified Harvest Coordinator who will be engaged on contract basis.
The ideal candidate should meet the following minimum qualifications and be immediately available for the specified tasks.
- Degree or Diploma in Agriculture or related discipline with a bias to fruit and vegetable production.
- At least Five years experience in the Field Production and handling of Export Fruits and vegetables.
- Knowledge in the Field implementation of GlobalGap and Organic Standards.
- Ability to relate Pack-house Reports to Field conditions, and to institute corrective measures to improve the fruit quality.
- Food safety and good agriculture practice (GAP) training.
- Training in HACCP principles.
- Food hygiene training.
- Plant protection, fertilizer use and integrated pest management training.
- Excellent Kiswahili and English reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Proficient in computer application packages including MS- Word and Excel.
- Technical report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Willingness to work for extended hours when required and in rural set-ups.
- Coordinating the Field harvest operations for the Fruits
- Organizing the logistics of Fruit deliveries from the Farms to the Factory in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensuring that the set Globalgap and Organic Standards are observed during harvesting.
- Ensuring accurate documentation of relevant documents during the Harvest process.
- Any other duties as directed by the Management from time to time.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified individuals should submit their application letter and C.V, together with scanned copies of qualification certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org before 22nd January 2019.
Only those meeting the mentioned competency should apply.
Indicate expected remuneration.