Job Advertisement: Internal Farm Inspector
An agribusiness company involved in the processing of avocado oil and export of fresh avocados from contracted farmers is looking for qualified GlobalGAP / Organic farm inspectors who will be engaged on contract basis.
The ideal candidates should meet the following minimum qualifications and be immediately available for the specified tasks.
- Degree or Diploma in Agriculture or related discipline with a bias to fruit and vegetable production.
- Two years’ experience in the production of horticultural crops in a smallholder scheme or exporter out grower scheme
- At least one-day practical inspection course setting out basic principles of inspection.
- At least two witness inspections accompanying an auditor could be GlobalGAP or Organic, Fair Trade or others.
- At least one witness inspection related to an inspection of an agricultural standard by a recognized certifying body.
- Food safety and good agriculture practice (GAP) training.
- Training in HACCP principles.
- Food hygiene training.
- Plant protection, fertilizer use and integrated pest management training.
- Excellent Kiswahili and English reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Proficient in computer application packages including MS- Word and Excel.
- Technical report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Must be resident of Tanzania.
- Inspection of contracted farms and other company facilities to verify compliance against statutory and voluntary standards (GlobalGAP, Organic, BRC Food Safety and Fair Trade) and produce timely and accurate reports.
- Following up on closure of non-compliances identified during internal inspection.
- Address improvements for non-conformities and non-compliances noted during the internal inspections.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified individuals should submit their application together with scanned copies of qualification certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org before 29th January 2019.
Only those meeting the mentioned competency should apply.
Indicate expected remuneration.