The Academic Model Providing Access to Health Care (AMPATHPlus) is a project under the auspices of Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH), Moi
University School of Medicine and a Consortium of North American Universities led by Indiana University whose aim is to provide sustainable efforts in access to Health Care, Research, and Training.
AMPATHPlus also supports the Ministry of Health in ten (10) Counties of Western Kenya Region.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the following vacant position in the AMPATHPlus Program:
Position: Deputy Chief of Party, AMPATHPLUS
Site: AMPATHPLUS Western Region
Job Group: RS 15
Based in Kakamega and reporting to the Chief of Party AMPATHPlus, the successful candidate will perform duties which include but not limited to the
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the custodian of the vision for the AMPATHPlus as it seeks to improve the health and wealth of the population of western Kenya and seek extramural funding on any ongoing basis to support this vision;
- Serve as the Deputy to the Chief of Party AMPATHPlus;
- Assist the Chief of Party to implement the activities funded by the grant and for ensuring that all goals and objectives are achieved;
- Assist the Chief of Party oversee administrative fiduciary responsibility for implementing the proposed activities;
- Encourage and assist AMPATHPlus to complete accurate and timely programmatic (technical) reports;
- Assist the Chief of Party to ensure that AMPATHPlus initiate timely expenditures and ensure that these are allowable, allocable, reasonable, and supported within the limits of the budget as approved by the donor;
- Represent the AMPATHPlus in international, national, and local meetings including County Government, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health and other stakeholder meetings where applicable;
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery;
- Master’s degree in Medicine, Public Health, Project Management or any other health or development field will be an added advantage;
- Experience of Program Management of not less than ten (10) years, 7 of which must be in programme management;
- Experience in management of USAID/PEPFAR funded project.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the COP.
Terms of Employment: The successful candidates will be employed on a 1-year renewable contract terms with competitive salary and allowances.
Suitable qualified candidates are requested to submit a copy of their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current remuneration, and day time telephone contacts and names of three (3) referees.
Candidates are advised to contact their referees for recommendation letters to the undersigned.
Applications should be forwarded to the undersigned not later than 28th January, 2019.
The Chief of Party
P.O. Box 4606-30100
Applications can also be received at email@example.com
AMPATH is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.