The Academic Model Providing Access to Health Care (AMPATHPlus) is a project under the auspices of Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH), Moi
University School of Medicine and a Consortium of North American Universities led by Indiana University whose aim is to provide sustainable efforts in access to Health Care, Research, and Training.
AMPATHPlus also supports the Ministry of Health in ten (10) Counties of Western Kenya Region.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the following vacant position in the AMPATHPlus Program:
Position: Finance Director
Station: AMPATH Central
Job Group: RS 14
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the successful candidate will among others be responsible for the following:
Role: The Finance Director will be responsible for the Financial Management of the AMPATHPlus Program including forecasting, budgeting, and actual expenditure monitoring.
He/she will be expected to design, prepare, and present detailed budgets, analysis of expenditure trends, burn rates, variance analysis, and recommended solutions.
The incumbent will be based in Eldoret.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the preparation of business plans, budgets, and rolling forecast. He/she will be providing specialist advice. He/she will act as the lead person on all financial matters of the program including banking & treasury management, creating and maintaining a good internal control environment, follow up on internal audit recommendations and manage the external audit process;
- Develop and maintain budgetary control of the program through reporting, analysis, and tracking of variances, efficiencies, utilization, and risks/opportunities to the management in an appropriate format and timely manner;
- Manage and report on the cost centre performance for the program;
- Develop and maintain accounting procedures to deliver integrity of costs, income, forecasts and budgets and complete all technical accounting tasks in line with major donor regulations especially US Government donors;
- Supervise Research and Sponsored Projects Office accounting team;
- Manage subcontractors;
- Prepare timely Financial Reports to the donor, MTRH, and MU as per the agreement.
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business Management, Accounting, Economics or any relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Be a CPA (K)/ACCA and a registered member of ICPAK;
- 10 years progressive experience in working in a donor funded environment;
- Knowledge of US Federal Government regulations will be an added advantage;
- Working Knowledge with Financial Accounting software packages and other ERPs will be an added advantage;
- Proven track record of exemplary work performance.
Terms of Employment: The successful candidates will be employed on a 1-year renewable contract terms with competitive salary and allowances.
Suitable qualified candidates are requested to submit a copy of their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current remuneration, and day time telephone contacts and names of three (3) referees.
Candidates are advised to contact their referees for recommendation letters to the undersigned.
Applications should be forwarded to the undersigned not later than 28th January, 2019.
The Chief of Party
P.O. Box 4606-30100
Applications can also be received at firstname.lastname@example.org
AMPATH is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.