The Academic Model Providing Access to Health Care (AMPATHPlus) is a project under the auspices of Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH), Moi
University School of Medicine and a Consortium of North American Universities led by Indiana University whose aim is to provide sustainable efforts in access to Health Care, Research, and Training.
AMPATHPlus also supports the Ministry of Health in ten (10) Counties of Western Kenya Region.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the following vacant position in the AMPATHPlus Program:
Position: HIV Service Delivery Advisor (HSDA)
Job Group: RS. 13
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, AMPATHPlus the successful candidate will among others be responsible for the following:
- Provide leadership, coordination and management of HIV Service Delivery Activities in Kakamega County;
- Provide linkage and collaboration between AMPATHPlus, county government and other development partners;
- Support County Health Systems strengthening initiatives that include staffing planning and forecasting, recruitment and management;
- Build and foster partnerships between relevant county departments and related charged with responsibility of supporting department of health in health service delivery;
- Provide a link to all technical teams ensuring synergy through team work;
- Support and represent the project in cluster level meetings;
- Ensure day to day implementation of activities by relevant technical leads;
- Participate in joint programmatic performance and monitoring review meetings;
- Ensuring that the Program activities are implemented to meet the USAID regulations as well as other funding agencies requirements;
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualification and Experience:
- Must have Master’s Degree in a relevant field;
- Be a registered member with a professional body;
- Have at least 7 years’ work experience in HIV Services Project Management;
- Prior experience in Government of Kenya rules/regulations and working with donor funded organizations will be an added advantage;
- Previous working in USAID funded projects will be an added advantage;
- Shown competence and ability in organizing, performing and discharging duties and responsibilities;
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of USAID related regulations, procedures and policies;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
Terms of Employment: The successful candidates will be employed on a 1-year renewable contract terms with competitive salary and allowances.
Suitable qualified candidates are requested to submit a copy of their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current remuneration, and day time telephone contacts and names of three (3) referees.
Candidates are advised to contact their referees for recommendation letters to the undersigned.
Applications should be forwarded to the undersigned not later than 28th January, 2019.
The Chief of Party
P.O. Box 4606-30100
Applications can also be received at email@example.com
AMPATH is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.