The Academic Model Providing Access to Health Care (AMPATHPlus) is a project under the auspices of Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH), Moi
University School of Medicine and a Consortium of North American Universities led by Indiana University whose aim is to provide sustainable efforts in access to Health Care, Research, and Training.
AMPATHPlus also supports the Ministry of Health in ten (10) Counties of Western Kenya Region.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the following vacant position in the AMPATHPlus Program:
Position: Human Resource Director
Station: AMPATH Central
Job Group: RS. 14
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the successful candidate will among others be responsible for the following:
Job Description: The Human Resource Director serves as a strategic partner and is responsible for the overall Management of the Human Resource systems and practices within the Program providing counselling on procedure and policy interpretation, recruiting and retention strategies, employee relations issues and local employment laws.
He/she will operate with sufficient independence to ensure objectivity and fairness for employees while supporting the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with management team to align Human Resources strategy and programs with the Organization’s strategies while supporting AMPATHPlus mission, vision and values;
- Manages employee relations practices necessary to maintaining a positive employee-employer relationship and promoting a high level of employee commitment;
- Investigates and resolves external and internal charges /complaints within the frame work given;
- Counsels and advices management regarding salary planning/compensation and regards to internal equity, promotions, reclassifications and transfers;
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or a relevant field preferred from a recognized University or;
- Degree in Human in Human Resource Management and a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management;
- 5-7 years’ experience in Human Resource Management at a Managerial level;
- Prior experience in Government of Kenya regulation’s/rules and working with donor funded organizations will be an added advantage;
- Be a registered member with the professional body such as IHRM;
- Working experience in employment law and other Government compliance regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with all employees from all departments and at all levels of employment;
- Proficient in Microsoft outlook and Microsoft office, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, ERP or Navision software applications.
Terms of Employment: The successful candidates will be employed on a 1-year renewable contract terms with competitive salary and allowances.
Suitable qualified candidates are requested to submit a copy of their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current remuneration, and day time telephone contacts and names of three (3) referees.
Candidates are advised to contact their referees for recommendation letters to the undersigned.
Applications should be forwarded to the undersigned not later than 28th January, 2019.
The Chief of Party
P.O. Box 4606-30100
Applications can also be received at firstname.lastname@example.org
AMPATH is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.