Our client, Brown’s Food Company, is the umbrella brand for Brown’s Cheese, Delia’s Ice Cream and The Cracker Shack. They make a range of high-quality natural cheeses, fast moving commodities e.g. cheddar and mozzarella as well as butter and yoghurt.
They sell the products in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and South Sudan.
The company is seeking to recruit a highly talented individual to fill in the following position:
Assistant Milk Quality Assurance Officer
Reporting to the Milk Quality Assurance Officer, the Assistant Milk Quality Assurance Officer will be responsible for overseeing the procurement of dairy raw milk of the highest quality, preparing and submitting monthly quality reports.
The incumbent will interface directly with executive leadership, department managers, and third parties to drive profitable growth and continuous improvement of company processes.
This position will be based in Embu County.
- Assisting teams in applying information for process improvement and resolution of quality issues
- Participating in internal and external supplier audits
- Following up and analyzing customer complains
- Troubleshooting and taking corrective action on the line
- Overseeing proper hygiene in milk handling processes and ensuring that the appropriate tests on milk are carried out and recorded
- Coordinating work and staff including milk transporters
- Putting in place best practices across the business with focus on quality and efficiency
- Assisting in preparing and submitting milk purchasing reports
- Assisting in enhancing efficiency and effectiveness in the milk procurement process
Key Skills and Qualifications
- At least a Diploma in Food Science and Technology or related course
- At least 3 years of experience in a quality assurance department for a company in the dairy industry
- Must have food handler certification
- Ability to make independent and objective decisions
- Excellent negotiating skills, report writing skills, communication skills, problem solving skills as well as critical thinking
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject ASSISTANT MILK QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER by COB 25th January 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.