Bible Translation & Literacy (E.A)
Opportunity to Serve (Re-Advertisement)
BTL, a Christian faith-based organisation, involved in Language Development, Bible Translation, Literacy and Community Development among minority languages of Kenya, is seeking to recruit highly motivated born again Christian with a good Christian standing, demonstrated spiritual maturity, integrity and a calling to serve to fill the position below.
Resource Mobilization Officer
The Resource Mobilization Officer is responsible for building an increasingly, diversified network of supporters, including institutional, corporate, academia, donors / partners as well as other philanthropic institutions/individuals who believe in the work of Bible Translation and Literacy.
1. Developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising strategies, that includes yearly targets to meet the costs of the current and future programmes;
2. Approaching and raising funds from companies, trusts, partners/donors, and foundations within Kenya;
3. Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and high net worth individuals, etc., finding a match with partners whose philanthropic or funding criteria match the organization’s, or its partners vision and activities;
4. Raising awareness of BTL and its work Nationally;
5. Assisting in the preparation of project proposals for corporate and other funding agencies;
Qualification and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Institutional Fundraising, Marketing, Business Development, Development Studies, Economics, Social Sciences, or Business Administration
2. Minimum four years of demonstrated experience in developing fundraising strategy and institutional fundraising;
3. Experience in writing winning fund raising appeals to companies, trusts, partners/donors, and foundations is essential;
4. In-depth exposure to the use of various media platforms such as print, electronic/ online, and social media, for communication and brand building is desirable;
5. Prior experience/ understanding of the development sector, is essential;
How to Apply
Applications with a detailed CV, copies of certificates, and three referees (Professional, Social and Church), Office and mobile telephone contacts for both applicant and referees be emailed (Preferred) or posted to reach the under mentioned by Friday 25th January 2019.
Human Resources Manager
Bible Translation and Literacy E.A
P.O Box 44456 – 00100
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Those who had applied for this position earlier, need not re-apply