The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
Introduction: The KCCB – General Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and coordinative arm through which the KCCB implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
It is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following position.
Project Officer – Catholic Health Commission of Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and mobilize Catholic health facilities for educational activities for health care providers at health facilities in collaboration with the project partners.
- Coordinate identification and trainings of health workers
- Support activities of patient support groups.
- Facilitate distribution of IEC materials and data collection tools.
- Coordinate and facilitate identification of community-based organizations within project areas.
- Coordinate mobilization and training of Community Health Volunteers.
- Promoting networking and referral for care and management.
- Coordinate community outreach activities and reporting for the same.
- Identify additional facilities for inclusion in the project.
- In consultation with the National Executive Secretary and Project Manager, undertake sensitization of Hospital Boards and Health Facility Committees on the project objectives.
- In consultation with the National Executive Secretary and the project Manager, coordinate regular forums for experiences sharing and networking.
- Undertake supportive supervision and monitoring and evaluation in participating facilities in collaboration with the relevant County health teams and diocesan health coordinators to ensure implementation of project activities and adherence to project guidelines.
- Prepare monthly reports on project implementation and recommendations.
- Participate in the monthly and other Project steering committee
- Bachelor’s Degree level training in Nursing or Clinical Medicine; or Bachelor’s Degree training in a Public Health related field
- Post qualification training in Public Health, Health Systems Management.
- Minimum three years public health project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Proven interpersonal, leadership, training and mentoring skills.
- Proven effective representation skills to varied stakeholders.
- Experience in building the capacity of a team through both supervisory and non-supervisory relationships.
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time within Kenya, often under difficult circumstances
- Excellent computer skills – General Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint)
- A team player
- Excellent interpersonal
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church, and Ethical principles
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to: –
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
To reach him on or before 25th January 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted