The Centre for Governance and Development (CGD)
Vacancy Announcement: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The Centre for Governance and Development (CGD) is a registered policy research and advocacy not-for-profit organization formed in 1993 by leading civil society reformists to work towards the realization of a democratic political culture, respect for human rights and dignity and good governance.
It envisions an informed and democratic society that is prosperous, equitable and committed to the rule of law. CGD’s mission is to empower citizens, civil society
organizations (CSOs), Government, and representative institutions for an equitable and democratic society through partnership building, research, capacity-building and advocacy.
CGD is seeking to hire an M & E Officer based in Nairobi on a one year contract.
The position entails the development and implementation of CGD Monitoring and Evaluation policy framework.
The key responsibilities of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer are to:
- Development of a policy framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of CGD project activities.
- Establish and coordinate a monitoring system including data collection, analysis and review.
- Develop M & E tools and their revisions (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow charts, M&E manuals, etc.) drawing on benchmarks and other available tools.
- Coordinate monitoring activities and inputs required of other team members.
- Ensure information gathered through monitoring activities is shared quickly and in an appropriate format with management so that any problems arising can be addressed.
- Review and analyze monthly/quarterly/annual reports with the project/program manager to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Suggest strategies to the project management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the projects by developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results and the sustainability of the project’s results;
Qualifications and Experience
- First level university degree in political science, public policy, development studies, economics, or related field.
- Advanced certificate/diploma/degree in M&E preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E systems in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs;
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- High level of attention to details in all aspects of work responsibilities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
How to Apply
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualification, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working email address and daytime telephone contacts.
The forwarding email and cover letter must indicate the position/title on the subject line.
Send your application to email@example.com by January 25th 2019