The Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) was formed in 1950 through an act of parliament with an objective of providing a ready market for livestock farmers and providing high-quality meat and meat products to consumers.
It is a public institution and by far the oldest and the most experienced meat processor in Kenya and the larger East African region.
Kenya Meat Commission invites applications from self-motivated and qualified candidates for the following vacancy in its establishment.
The particulars of the vacancy are as indicated hereunder.
Job Group: KMC 3
The holder of this position will advise management on the financial position and proper utilization of Commission resources.
- Develop accounting policies and provide informed accounting advice to the CEO and departmental heads to ensure financial accounting is aligned with the commission’s strategies and objectives.
- Review, improve and ensure effective internal control systems are in place and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, international financial and accounting reporting standards and applicable regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Improve the integrity of the financial reporting of the Commission; extracting financial data from various accounting and information systems; perform financially and cost accounting analysis of data.
- Provide the tactical role in the overall financial and accounting management of the Commission and have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial and accounting related activities of the Commission.
- Prepare critical fiscal documentation regarding accounting activities, e.g., weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, draft and revised codes and ordinances.
- Preparation of accurate balance sheet/control accounts reconciliations to ensure the balances reported in the financial statements are complete and accurate,
- Ensure that key financial processes are properly documented, updated and reviewed regularly with a view to achieving quality standards in accounting
- Supervision of staff in the department
- Continuously review costs and perform cost-benefit analysis related to historical procedures, new projects, products, and planned strategies.
- Support the development of the annual operating budget through consultation with all departments.
- Preparing and monitoring the utilization of the budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting) or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K) or a related field
- Registered with Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- At least 10 years work experience with 5 years in the same position
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent will be an added advantage
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four(4) weeks from a recognized institution
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, registered Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board, and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
How to Apply
If you meet the specified minimum requirements for the position advertised above, please send your application, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned not later than 31st January 2019 by 5 pm.
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission,
P.O. Box 2-00204
Or online vide: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Meat Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification