Co-operative Bank Kenya
Product Manager – Open Banking (Open APIs)
As a customer-centric financial institution, we strongly believe in providing highly personalised services.
To better serve our customers, we are on the lookout for highly motivated and results-oriented individuals with a wide degree of creativity and an edge for product innovation and enhancement.
He/she should also demonstrate initiative, good interpersonal and communications skills and most importantly, commitment in providing quality customer service.
If this sounds like you then look no further; Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the ideal place for you, here, it can only get more exciting for you; as you get to stretch yourself to new horizons, with opportunities at every step of your career!
Reporting to the Head – E-Channels and E-Commerce, the role holder will be responsible for Open Banking API propositions and will lead the ideation, conceptualization, implementation, management and enhancement of the Open Banking (APIs) strategy, programs, initiatives, research and projects i.e. successfully Open Banking (APIs) product delivery from concept to commercialization.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Lead in new product development and implementation i.e. the conceptualization of new ideas, researching, and evaluating them objectively from a market and financial standpoint.
- Manage the entire development process from conceptualization, design, delivery, launch and return on investment.
- Promote product awareness via appropriate internal training and marketing as well as ensuring overall attainment of all cash management sales target.
- Regularly review and monitor the sale of Open Banking (APIs) to current and prospective customers of the Bank in order to generate maximum income and return on investment.
- Develop all customer wireframes and user cases, ensure optimal level of customer services, analyze all customer requirements, monitor all requests, and manage all defects in products for all monthly releases.
- Administer and approve all final new product delivery and recommend improvements to all products and prepare all business requirements documents and ensure compliance to all product schedule and coordinate with departments to provide an effective interface.
- Collaborate with information technology and business units to deliver all releases, prepare work schedule for all projects, and provide support to all strategies to achieve all marketing strategies.
- Effectively determine Open Banking (APIS) strategy and pricing to expand market share.
- Effectively segment the target market, gather market intelligence and identify opportunities for the bank to position Open Banking (APIs) in the market.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Information Technology related field.
- 5+ years of experience in business management/product development & management/ system analysis in the financial sector.
- Experience in regional APIs delivery with extensive knowledge in Open Banking.
- Excellent knowledge of operational and systems user requirements for financial products.
- Commercial awareness to understand and apply commercial and financial principles to business thinking.
- Sound understanding of marketing principles, ideally backed with suitable experience.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking strategies, policies, processes, procedures, guidelines and project management methodology and to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number PMO/CIB/2019 by 4th February, 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer.