Job Vacancy: Credit Controller
The Role Function: The primary function of a Credit Controller is coordinating the debts of existing creditors and deciding whether to allow credit to a debtor – ultimately managing all money borrowed or owed to your business.
Often reporting to the company accountant, the Credit Controller will handle the collection of finances and the resolution of account queries, raising sales invoices and issuing credit notes.
It is also the responsibility of a Credit Controller to manage debt recovery, which if a client has paid late or missed payments could involve stopping the supply of goods and services or undertaking legal action, at worst dealing with bankrupt businesses to negotiate recovery of funds.
It is vital that a Credit Controller builds and maintains close links with all customers, to ensure smooth running of accounts and encourage timely recovery of payments.
Duties and Responsibilities
A Credit Controller will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Checking customer’s credit ratings with banks
- Setting up the terms and conditions of a loan
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments
- Negotiating re-payment plans
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting systems
- Providing accounts information to internal departments
- Maintain accurate records of loans, analyse the effectiveness of the company’s credit control system and implement changes to improve profitability and reduce bad debts
- Improve and implement debt collection processes when there are any overdue invoices or payments, and initiate legal procedures if necessary
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
- Competence in Microsoft Office products, XL and accounting software programmes
- Experience with SAP
- Prior experience with systems including invoice discounting
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
- Excellent teamwork, organization and communication skills
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Mathematics or related field
How to Apply
E-Mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st February 2019.