Job Vacancy: Demand Analyst
About this role: The Demand Analyst (DA) will be expected to be a strong support to the sales, procurement, warehousing and production teams by supplying them with scientific information and insights on inventory management.
He/she shall play a critical role in determining optimal inventory – raw materials and finished goods to be handled in the warehouses based on the projected demand levels. He/she will be expected to develop dashboards using complex excel formulas for reporting purposes
- Support the production and procurement teams by providing relevant demand data to aid in raw materials procurement and production volumes
- Determine demand forecasts to support inventory control operations for assigned warehouses.
- Monitor inventory levels and warehouse capacity in order to replenish warehouse needs
- Maintain a database to store and update inventory data on regular basis.
- Drive lean warehousing agenda through inventory holding optimization plans
- Maintain optimal inventory level by analyzing demand patterns and changes in liaison with the marketing and sales teams
- Support inventory planning for holidays and special promotions.
- Coordinate with Demand Manager in analyzing and troubleshooting issues related to material supplies and deliveries.
- Recommend process improvements to prevent out of stocks and overstock issues
- Analyze root causes of inventory problems and provide permanent resolutions.
- Schedule regular meetings with procurement and production teams to review demands and inventory levels.
- Work with sales and marketing team to identify sales opportunities and forecast.
- Make adjustments to the stock levels based on customer demands.
- Take responsibility for managing stock holding costs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, mathematics, economics or other related business discipline
- Traceable experience managing complex demand planning schedule in a manufacturing environment a must
- 3– 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience using Enterprise systems like SAP
- Training and experience in Advanced Excel and Access is mandatory
- A business analyst who understands customer data requirements.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
How to Apply:
Suitably qualified candidates who meets the criteria set above are requested to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us on or before 30th January 2019.
Please quote “DEMAND ANALYST” on the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please take note that due to high volumes of applications that we receive, we shall not be able to reply to all applicants.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by 15th February, 2019.