Our Client is a statutory institution whose mandate as a risk minimizer is to provide a deposit insurance scheme for customers of member institutions and to resolve any institution in respect of which the Corporation is appointed receiver or liquidator.
The Corporation enhances incentives for sound risk management and generally promote the stability of the financial system.
Our Client is an employer of choice and keen to recruit an aggressive individual to join the premier organization for the position of Deputy General Manager – Bank Resolutions.
Job Summary: Reporting to the General Manager, Bank Resolutions the incumbent will provide support to the divisional head in providing Strategic leadership of the Resolution Function to enhance depositors’ confidence through prompt and efficient resolution of troubled institutions.
The essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of the Resolution’s Division’s strategy;
- Provide leadership, supervise effective and efficient liquidation and winding up of institutions;
- Ensure the department keeps custody and control of all the institutions’ assets;
- Trace, preserve and realize assets;
- Ensure successful implementation of Performance Management Appraisals (PMAS) at the departmental level;
- Development of Board papers and presentation when necessary as shall be guided and advised by the Head of the division;
- Responsible for the implementation of the department’s budget and cost controls;
- Invest institutions’ surplus funds as per investment policy;
- Analyse and present cases for consideration by the Debt Negotiation and Asset Realisation Committee (DNARC) and the Corporation’s Board;
- Facilitate payments for institutions in liquidation;
- Ensure the implementation of Corporation’s Board policies and audit recommendations for the department;
- Engage debtors in debt negotiation;
- Engage requisite service providers in furtherance of the Division’s goals;
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in a business related discipline (Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related) from a recognized institution
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related discipline (Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related) from a recognized institution
- Relevant Certification or professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Leadership course from a recognized institution
- Eight (8) years’ relevant work experience with at least four (4) years in management in a financial institution with exposure on the entire lending process.
- Membership with a relevant professional body in good standing
Key Competencies, Knowledge and Personal Attributes
- Effective organizational skills
- Decision making skills
- Proficiency in computer applications
- A team player, collaborate and support colleagues and peers across the organization
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Leadership skills, People management skills and ability to build trustful relations
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills in developing Board papers
- Results oriented, meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands
- Be consistent and fair
COMPLIANCE TO CHAPTER SIX (6) OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA
Applicants are required to immediately initiate self-clearance (Comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya) from: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Department of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- A Credit Reference Bureau
Please bring the receipts or evidence of the above self-clearance effort to Manpower Services if invited for the preliminary interview.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV and application clearly indicating your current position, current/past and expected remuneration (monthly salary and allowances) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on Monday 14th January, 2019.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification.
Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.