Directline Assurance Company
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of IT Manager.
Overall Purpose of the Job: The IT Manager will be responsible for all the organization’s Information systems and reports to the Managing director.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization.
- Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget.
- Develop and maintain an IT Business Continuity Plan; Including backup plans and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Overseeing the installation of CCTV systems and management of recordings from all cameras.
- Running regular checks on network and data security and implements countermeasures to protect the organization’s data.
- Ensuring that the IT investment in the company complies with the licensing structures of the vendors
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems and advice the Executive committee of emerging innovations that may benefit the organization.
- Designing training programs and workshops in IT for all staff to maintain a high IT literacy.
- Conducting regular system audits and providing such report to the internal auditor and inform the Managing Director of any breaches detected.
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff and representing the IT department in the executive committee.
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
- Accounting for all IT assets.
- Providing direction for IT team members
- Developing KPI’s for the IT team members and providing regular reports to the HR department on the staff performance.
- Identifying opportunities for IT team training and skills advancement.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, MIS or similar field
- Microsoft Certification
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience in a busy environment.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL database management and reporting
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Ability to manage personnel
Skills and Attributes
- High level of integrity; able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a pleasant personality
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent Client relationship skills with the ability to handle complaints & difficult situations in a tactful manner
- Have great attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic/professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 5.00pm 8th February, 2019.