Job Title: E-Commerce Developer – Digital Engineering
Brief Description of the role: Reporting to the Digital Channels Tech Lead, the position holder will provide technical expertise in the area of Financial Systems with a strong bias to e-commerce systems.
This role will also be responsible for other Financial Systems within the domain
- Drive design and development of services, integration, reference implementations using standards and guidelines that support high volumes, are fast, simple, reliable, distributed, and easy to extend and maintain.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Work with Operations and IT teams to help dimension production environments.
- Develop streamlined services using PHP, Java (Restful, SOAP based) and potentially other languages.
- Improve interoperability and increase agility of your systems and services.
- Works with architects to ensure designs align with overall SOA, application architecture standards and practices.
- Supports standards and practices with technical and business partners as needed.
- Design and construct web pages/sites including incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features, images, content and other techniques
- Write standards compliant code including testing/debugging in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Work with the Technical Lead to write and review technical specifications as required, meeting the objectives of functional specifications. Specifically, identifying specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures or functions as required.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Expected to on one’s own initiative read books, periodicals and technical reports to keep the competence at a high level and learn ways to keep up with the industry development
- Regularly attend internal training courses to maintain required skill set
- Pick performance statistics from operations team
- Plan for upgrades when systems hit the set thresholds
- Coordinate the solution acquisition process, from procurement to commissioning
Key qualifying criteria
- Degree in ICT/Engineering, computer science or related technical discipline.
- Minimum work experience of 2 years with hands-on e-commerce/web design and development
- 2 years development experience in both procedural and OOP development techniques using relevant programming tools/languages e.g. PHP, Java, VB, C#, Ruby, PL SQL
- Experience with DBMS preferably MySQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, Cassandra and Informix.
- Experience with web languages/technologies including HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design, jQuery, Ajax, JSON, Google Analytics
- Experience with mobile optimized and cross browser responsive design
- Experience in integration of modern e-commerce solutions, Financial, ERP and payment Systems
- Experience in processes and procedures management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
Critical competencies for success
- History of successful team work and production deployments in high volume web environments.
- Expert level capabilities in application design, design patterns and performance tuning.
- UNIX – basic skills in system administration. Knowledge of shell scripting will be an added advantage
- Relational Databases – database planning and tuning
- TCP/IP – for knowledge on how network elements interconnect to aid in their management
- Webservers – Working knowledge of Apache, IIS or other webserver platforms
- Demonstrate ability to develop solid solutions that are generic and reusable
- Putting customers first.
- Motivates people & teams to perform.
- Delivers results.
- Displays sound judgment, solves problems.
- Making a personal difference – positive & courageous. Open, trustworthy & trusting. Resilient, takes personal responsibility.
- Communicating for impact
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below: