Our client is in the hospitality business with 4 hotel units operating across the country ranging from a 3-star budget business hotel to a 5-star luxury camp.
They are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office.
You will be responsible for managing and coordinating the operations of the kitchen in a manner that ensures consistent high culinary, safety and hygiene standards are maintained and
operational costs are contained.
- Developing and implementing kitchen performance standards and other specifications in line with best practice.
- Ensuring a cost effective and sustainable operation.
- Monitoring and controlling the usage of supplies and operating equipment to ensure effective controls.
- Planning and coordinating kitchen production.
- Monitoring kitchen opening and closing duties.
- Requisitioning food stock items from the store, receive deliveries and check on quality, quantity and prices
- Monitoring and ensuring hygiene and safety standards
- Supervising and delegating work to the kitchen team
- In liaison with maintenance, coordinating timely repairs of faulty equipment
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma / Certificate in food production from a recognized hospitality institution
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Culinary expertise
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness
- Planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “EXECUTIVE CHEF” by 31st January 2019 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.