Job Title: Fleet Supervisor
Reports To: Operations Manager
Summary: Ensuring appropriate service delivery, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure Vehicle Maintenance & Compliance of both Vehicle & Driver;
- Supervision of All Vehicles and Drivers;
- Actively coordinate any vehicle sub-hires;
- Constant Driver Recruitment, Inducting and Training, thereby ensuring highest standards of proficiency in Vehicle Quality and Driving;
- Mobilization of the established Rewarding System for Exceptional Staff Performance;
- Coordination of & Participation in OPS Assessment Meeting – with Drivers / Mechanics and Operations Manager;
- Management of all fixed and moveable assets and facilities of the company that are under their use and control – tools, spares, etc;
- Managing all vehicles & movable assets, by:
- Implementing a preventative maintenance schedule for each asset;
- Soliciting credible parts suppliers and keeping a suppliers contact list;
- Negotiating contractual terms with suppliers and service providers;
- Develop KPI’s and periodically appraise the:-
- Mechanics – Body & Engine
- Coordinate with OM to having a Staff Recruitment Plan, thereby ensuring reasonable availability and adequacy of active and standby personnel (Drivers / Mechanics/etc);
- Over sighting the Fleet Training Sessions
- Driver training on vehicle inspection, safety & defensive driving, driving in various conditions, and expectations of a moving driver; and
- Driver training on vehicle maintenance.
Duties include the following:
- Basic Inspection of Vehicles;
- Requisitioning of Quality and Competitively Priced Parts from suppliers;
- Update Operations Manager on progress of active repairs & overall vehicle operations performance;
- Compliment in the Resolution Implementation of any Claim Incidents Reported;
- Raise Vehicle Utility Report;
- Generate a Vehicle Cost Report, for each vehicle;
- Ensure all Delivery Notes Raised (per Vehicle) are signed and stamped respectively, before handover of the same to the Finance Officer.
- Review of Vehicle Reports, determine conditions of fleet vehicles;
- Prepare Vehicle Inspection Summary Report;
- Prepare Delivery Schedule Summary Report.
- Prepare Delivery Schedule Summary Report;
- Coordinate Remittance of all Compliance and Maintenance Payments;
- Report on the Performance of the Fleet, to Operations Manager:
- Vehicle Expenditures compared with routes and mileage per month;
- Vehicle Condition Summary
- No. of Staff to be Supervised – Minimum of four (4) Drivers, and Mechanics;
- Ensuring the longevity and quality of all Company Assets;
- Candidate MUST uphold the highest standards of best practice, staff management, leadership, supplier interaction, monitoring and evaluation;
- Candidate MUST be a team player, as this role requires considerable staff interaction, and daily monitoring and evaluation of the respective active job accounts;
- Consistently remain pro-active, presentable at all times and very self-driven.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Five (5) years in Supervisory Position, with demonstrated experience in the ability to manage staff within a busy logistics environment;
- Minimum Certificate in Fleet Management or equivalent from recognized Institution;
- Effective Communicator, with fair interpersonal skills;
- Communication and Persuasion – (Level: Fair)
- Team Work – (Level: Mastery)
- Delivery of Results – (Level: Mastery)
- Ability to Analyze and Solve Problems – (Level: Mastery)
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application and detailed CV including current contacts of three referees to email@example.com by Friday 2nd February 2019.
Applicants must ensure they quote the title of the position they are applying for in the subject area and the expected salary
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted