Friends of Karura Forest
Opportunity to enhance Conservation of Karura Forest
The Friends of Karura Forest Community Forest Association (FKF/CFA), a non-profit organisation, works to protect, manage and restore Karura Forest Reserve to a natural state while providing ecosystem, educational and recreational services for all.
They now have a vacancy for a:
Reporting to the EKE Board, the appointee will be responsible for all operations, including finance, security and staff of FKF/CFA with duties and responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Managing operations and projects:
- Advising and reporting on strategic and operational options:
- Implementing financial management policies and control systems:
- Monitoring revenues and approving expenditures while ensuring correct record keeping:
- Providing leadership, guidance and to manage staff effectively at all levels:
- Designing training policies for enhancing staff skills:
- Undertaking daily field work to monitor progress and assess needs:
- Instilling morale, loyalty and a sense of common purpose among staff:
- As the public face of FKF, managing communications with partners, stakeholders and the media:
- Ensuring proper custody and maintenance of fixed and movable assets:
- Higher university degree or equivalent in a relevant field:
- 15 years’ experience with increasing operational and supervisory responsibilities:
- Strong interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills:
- Demonstrable skills in writing, public relations, IT and financial literacy:
- Reputation for professional diligence, integrity, energy and innovation.
FKF will offer an attractive salary and benefits package in addition to the opportunity to be the public face of an exciting and noble endeavour.
Qualified candidates should email their application to email@example.com not later than 5th February 2019