Location: Nairobi (Kilimani or Westlands)
Our client is is a gourmet burger restaurant founded in 2016 specializing in African influenced burgers, sides and drinks is looking to recruit a Server.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Report for duty punctually, in the correct uniform, clean and neatly pressed with your name-tag clearly visible.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables so that they are clear or rubbish and are clean and presentable
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
- Operate the till when scheduled to do so
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver cheques and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Preparing alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages for bar and patrons
- Interacting with customers, taking orders and serving snacks and drinks
- Assessing bar customers’ needs and preferences and making recommendations
- Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening, positive attitude and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts, dependable and punctual.
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Excellent talent to interact with people in a positive and courteous manner
- Able to up sell on products
- Self-Motivated with good energy levels
- Being able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
How to Apply
To apply, CLICK HERE to apply online on or before 30th January 2019.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement