Job Title: Head of Sales
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Managing Director / General Manager
Job Grade: 8
Supervises: Sales Staff
Salary: 300,000 – 350,000 Gross
Job Objective / Summary: To coordinate the activities of the products and to provide up to date market dynamics and after sales service.
Description of Duties
- Identify and analyze an organization’s strengths and weaknesses, and respond to opportunities and threats in the marketing environment
- Set goals for market share and growth
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies by selecting, segmenting and targeting markets, and promoting products and services to those markets
- Make decisions regarding products such as labeling or packaging
- Undertake new-product development
- Determine a pricing approach
- Ensuring product availability at all levels of distribution
- Carrying out market research and analysis of consumer needs
- Monitoring distributor performance
- Manage distribution channels such as shops and wholesalers
- Make decisions regarding the distribution of products (such as taking of orders, warehousing, stock control and transport), manage store image or undertake direct marketing
- Develop plans in relation to advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personal selling and sales management
- Undertake marketing audits to monitor sales performance.
- Working with, and gaining the co-operation of people in specialist areas such as technical experts, production managers, accountants and advertising agents.
- In liaison with the General Manager, develop the company’s advertising strategy and liaise with advertising agencies to create the company product or image,
- Prepare budgets and develop promotional and sales support materials.
- Maintain and direct the product’s image in the market, decide which new products meet market trends and those that need to be phased out.
- Coordinate and develop the marketing activities of the company over the Internet, email and other electronic mediums, including online promotion, sales and communication.
- Plan and coordinate the activities of the sales team,
- Monitoring performance of direct sales representatives,
- Interlinking the department with other departments,
- Control product distribution, monitor budget achievement,
- Formulation and evaluation of sales targets,
- Soliciting for business in new and untapped markets,
- Liaising with merchandisers for market feedback
- Train and motivate personnel, and prepare forecasts marketing communications, direct marketing and telemarketing.
- To carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
- Bachelor of Commerce-Marketing
- MBA Marketing major
- Five years progressive working experience in advertising, sales and marketing
- Documentation of brochures, sales kits and product journals
- Market research
- Training of sales staff
- Experience in Product launches, branding, exhibitions, road shows
- Customer care skills
- Above average data entry and transcription speed.
- Good report writing skills
- Good communications skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Good co-coordinating and planning skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work long hours
- Ability to analyze and interpret information
- Team player
- Ability to make decisions
- Maintain confidential information
- Creative ability
- Organizational skills
Performance Standards for this Job
The minimum standards of successful job performance, in terms of quantity, quality and accuracy, time or cost.
- Expanding existing clients scope
- Effective communication with internal and external customers.
- Good and helpful relations with clients
- Sales targets are met
- Work done within budget
- Quantity – high
- Quality – high
- Accuracy – high
- Time – medium
- Cost – low
Personal Traits, Qualities and Aptitudes
- Great interpersonal skills
- Perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Accept responsibility for the direction, control and planning of an activity
- Works with minimal supervision
- Relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and co-operation
- Maintain effective communication with your colleagues, both junior and senior
To apply send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com