Unit: Roast by Carnivore
Job posting: 23-Jan-19
Starting date: Immediately
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
Roast by Carnivore your casual, dine out restaurant that offers a deliciously inspiring selection of ‘signature’ sandwiches, pulled pork/ beef and chicken, meat rich platters, fresh crunchy salads and a selection of sides & bites coupled with great customer experience is seeking to hire a Hostess with the following responsibilities:-
- Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
- Move and arrange tables, chairs, and settings and organize seating for groups with special needs.
- Advise guests who their assigned waiter/waitress will be as per the set guidelines.
- Ensure the reservation diary is kept up to date with all guest names, telephone numbers, guest information and special requests.
- Greet incoming guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact
- Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant.
- Interacts with guests in and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience
- Check menus to ensure they are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free.
Who Are You?
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Hospitality management or any related course
- At least 2 years Prior experience as a Hostess in a similar setting
- Passionate about food, beverage and customer service
- Ability to multitask and attention to detail
- Superior customer service and people skills
- Knowledge of restaurant business operations
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Teamwork / co-operation
- Be pleasant and empathetic
How to Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the urgency of closing this role, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.