Our client is a boutique 4 star hotel located in Nairobi.
They seek to hire an experienced person in the position of Finance Director.
Successful candidate will be part of the core senior leadership team that will lead change to transform the hotel into a premier facility.
Salary: KES 250,000 – 400,000 depending on experience
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate generation of key reports for the General Manager in compliance with the reporting calendar.
- Business has sufficient cash to meet its obligations, at all times and excess cash invested profitably.
- Bank relations managed efficaciously.
- Accurate and up-to-date accounting records that comply with set accounting standards as prescribed by management,
- Realistic budgets compiled and budget variance monitored to ensure that (unapproved) variance is maintained under approved levels.
- Cost reduction targets met and/or exceeded
- Financial systems work efficiently and support information management, communication and reporting.
- Management accounts prepared and analyzed for the management team on monthly basis
- Costing templates prepared for new and existing products
- Continually reviewing and upgrading accounting systems and procedures in line with the company’s operating systems, internal control requirements and shareholder instructions.
- Put the necessary financial plans in place, including budgets and implementing appropriate budgetary controls.
- Support the General Manager in each business unit with their strategic planning and business review process.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and statements, monitor working capital and manage cash balances by initiating/executing appropriate actions including the investment of excess cash and inter-account transfers.
- Develop income and expenditure accounts and tax returns.
- Produce periodic and ad hoc management reports as required in line with IFRS.
- Analyse variances, explore potential problems with Department Heads and identify solutions.
- Support investment projects by providing inputs to the budgeting process and analysis of projections.
- Periodically conduct stock takes and value the organization’s stocks for purposes of reporting.
- Support Managers with costing process
- Manage foreign accounts and ensure that foreign currency holding levels are maintained at an optimal standard that enables the company to meet spending commitments.
- Generate treasury reports and bring up issues that need action.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of financial and management reports
- Ensure that the company complies with the country’s laws relating to corporate and other taxes, including accurate computation, declaration and payment.
- Set and evaluate performance standards for departmental staff.
- Maintain relationships with the company’s banks, suppliers and other service providers so as to ensure that the company receives timely, quality and cost efficient services at all times.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in accounting or financial management.
- CPA (K), ACCA or the equivalent
- 10 years’ experience in the hospitality industry
- Proven experience turning around the hotel fortunes through prudent financial management
- Experience in planning, budgeting and costing
- Strong analytical skills
- People management skills
How to Apply:
Qualified candidate should send their CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting “Hotel Finance Director” on the email subject line.
Applications should reach us not later than 15th February 2019.
Early and qualified applicants will be prioritized.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.